Game Portal, part of Play Beyond Play*
An exhibition about computer game history and gaming culture, at the National Museum of Science and Technology in Stockholm. BankerWessel made the concept, graphic design and animations. I had the Technical Director/Technical Artist role and subsequently:
– Crafted the projection mapping
– Designed** the physical exhibition space, in close collaboration with BankerWessel
– Assisted in the animation process
– Assisted in the sound design process
– Selected projectors, lenses and speakers, and positioned them, together with Transpond
– Assisted in project management
*Game Portal has been nominated for best exhibition of the year 2018, by Foreningen Forum (Sweden)!
**I also built Virtual Reality versions of five exhibition space designs, to ease collaborative understanding and making consensual decisions.
This is a ten (10) projector, eight (8) speaker set up. A mix of short throw onto flat walls, and more regular throw onto three-dimensional objects.
Made with Ida Wessel, Jonas Banker and Sara Edström at BankerWessel – Design and Animation, Sebastian Flavet – Sound, Transpond – Hardware, Presentationsdesign – Video Capture, in collaboration with the National Museum of Science and Technology.