A mobile XR lab, which passed through multiple universities and a hackathon, during one year (March 2017 – February 2018).
I did the teaching and supporting, as well as curating a VR / 360-video / HoloLens exhibition at Färgfabriken in Stockholm, Sweden, as part of VR_Sci+Art Fest (by KTH University).
I also exhibited XR works (with Martin Söderblom) at KOSEN – Technical Institute in Kagoshima, Japan, and at DA+ Gallery (M50), in Shanghai, China. I organized the hackathon at Berghs School of Communication (with Martin Söderblom).
How many times during your life will you experience the birth of a new media? It’s apparent that the future indeed looks different – a fluid hybrid between the real/physical and virtual worlds. Some actually say it’s as big of a change as the arrival of the internet in the 90’s!
Universities and vocational training schools participating
- Kosen – National Institute of Technology 高等専門学校こうせん (Kagoshima, Japan)
- Of Course – Creative Coding Beijing 当然是创意编码 (China)
- Of Course – Creative Coding Shanghai 当然是创意编码 (China)
- UdK – Universität der Künste (Berlin, Germany)
- SRH – Hochschule der populären Künste (Berlin, Germany)
- IFS – International Film School (Cologne, Germany)
- Konstfack – University of Arts, Crafts and Design (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Beckmans – School of Design (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Berghs – School of Communication (Stockholm, Sweden)
Additional participating students from
- KTH University – Royal Institute of Technology (Stockholm, Sweden)
- KMH – Royal College of Music (Stockholm, Sweden)
- NTI – College of Game Development (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Mixed Reality software development with Microsoft HoloLens
- Virtual Reality software development with HTC Vive
- 3D modelling and texturing
- 3D scanning humans and rigging
- Story telling and ideas suitable for XR
- Level design; materials, lights, particles, terrain, water, foliage, animation
- Unity 3D and C#
- Unreal Engine and Blueprints
- Maya, Blender and Cinema 4D
- Skanect and Structure Sensor (3D scanner)
- Leap Motion aka. UltraLeap (input sensor)
- HoloLens and Vive (with additional motion trackers)
*Funded by MTG Technology and MTG Studios (Modern Times Group)
*Supported by Berghs – School of Communication